Mount Jerome photo

William C. Plunkett (1828-1897) Fourth Lord Plunkett and Archbishop of Dublin

Vault No: C 91- 145

Brief History:

Appointed Archbishop to Dublin in 1884.
Elected Archbishop of the united diocese of Dublin, Glendalough and Kildare.
Instrumental in reviving the Kildare Place Schools, the Church of Ireland teacher training college.
Actively opposed the Church Act of 1869 to disestablish and disendow the Anglican Church of Ireland. 
Heavily involved in the Protestant reform movement in Spain, Portugal and Italy.
There is a statue erected to him beside the Irish Natural museum on Kildare Street, Dublin 2.

Description of Monument:

Large 5 metre wide granite (unnamed) vault, which is on the edge of the Hawthorn Walk.

Directions to the Vault:

Walk 70 metres along the Hawthorn Walk via the Main Avenue. The Plunkett vault is on your right hand side, directly opposite the Greene vault which has a green steel door.

It is the second vault from the TM Gresham vault, located at the junction of the Long Walk.

William C. Plunkett (1828-1897) Fourth Lord Plunkett and Archbishop of Dublin +

website by OGX

xhtml | css | wai-a